Are you an aspiring cookbook author? If you’ve been wanting to write a cookbook, but you don’t know where or how to start, this episode will guide you in the right direction.
Today on the Make More Money as a Dietitian Podcast, Christine interviews Maggie Green of The Green Apron. As a cookbook author, registered dietitian, and the creator of the Cookbook Writers Academy, Maggie shares her wisdom on how you can get your dream of writing a cookbook accomplished sooner than you think!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- Why balancing free writing and speaking gigs with those that offer compensation, can help your business.
- How Maggie started her career in dietetics and how it led her to the work she does today. She has truly had a very unique journey!
- How Maggie makes time for her creative expression when writing a cookbook.
- Clarification on plagiarism when writing recipes.
- Clarification on copyright protection in regards to recipes.
- The designing & publishing phase of cookbook writing.
- And how Maggie’s Cookbook Writer’s Academy can help you get your cookbook written with ease.
MORE ABOUT MAGGIE:
Cookbook author, podcaster, and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Maggie Green, is the and owner of The Green Apron Company. The Green Apron specializes in culinary nutrition, food and nutrition writing, and recipe and cookbook development. As a professionally trained chef and registered dietitian, Green is a sought-after culinary nutrition expert and cookbook industry consultant.
After a career in clinical dietetics and food service management, Green transitioned to the publishing industry as the editorial liaison for the 2006 edition of American’s favorite cookbook the Joy of Cooking. As a food and nutrition writer, Green creates custom content for food, health, and wellness brands and cookbook authors. In 2018 Green founded the Cookbook Writers Academy, and offers online training and coaching for aspiring cookbook writers.
FEATURED ON THE SHOW
Learn more about Embody Academy and enroll today. Spots are limited, so don’t delay!
Grab a copy of the “How to Calculate Your Rate as an RD Entrepreneur” Workbook
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, & REVIEW
Are you subscribed to the podcast on Apple Podcasts? If you’re not, I encourage you to do that today. You don’t want to miss an episode!